About Me

My photo
I am blessed. I have known my wonderful husband,Nathan, since I was 13 and can't imagine my life without him. We have 3 beautiful daughters, Kaley who is 6 and Zoe and Sophie, the twins, who are 3. They bring us endless joy and so much laughter.

Favorite Quotes

  • The habits we choose produce the life we want. Choose wisely. -Derwin L. Gray
  • Worry is a cycle of inefficient thoughts whirling around a center of fear.~Corrie Ten Boom~
  • The amount of power you experience to live a victorious, triumphant Christian life is directly proportional to the freedom you give the Spirit to be Lord of your life!~Anne Graham Lotz~
  • A woman's heart should be so hidden in God that a man must search God to find it.
  • God gives His gifts where He finds the vessel empty enough to receive them. ~C.S. Lewis~
  • Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you. Dr. Seuss
Powered by Blogger.

Sophie Pie

Sophie Pie

Friday, October 26, 2012

The Happiest Color of Crazy


When I was young I had big dreams
romantic visions of all life could be.
I wanted to fall in love, be swept off my feet
have a beautiful home and a loving family.

God sees the desires of my heart
hearing the prayers my fears won't let me speak.
He knows just how to fill my lack
becoming my strong knowing my weak.  

My picture of happy has changed over time.
Things aren't always what they might seem. 
I do have love, a home and three kids 
but life is all but serene.... 

We find ourselves always behind 
trying to do all that's needing done.
The kids are loud making a mess 
keeping us on the run... 

The bills keep coming but sleep rarely does
Life's demands pile up like the dishes.
No time for dates, or leisurely mornings.
An endless list of  empty wishes...  

That's when I can tell my heart has turned 
and I must humbly repent.
Losing my joy by forgetting my thanks 
is the surest road to discontent.

I must forget about what I want 
and seek Him first in ALL things.
Looking around for His gifts of grace
in the simplest moments that each day brings.

My days are painted the happiest color of crazy.
My God supplies my every need.
I have everything I never knew I  wanted
and my heart is full indeed!  

No comments:

Post a Comment