About Me

My photo
I am blessed. I have known my wonderful husband,Nathan, since I was 13 and can't imagine my life without him. We have 3 beautiful daughters, Kaley who is 6 and Zoe and Sophie, the twins, who are 3. They bring us endless joy and so much laughter.

Favorite Quotes

  • The habits we choose produce the life we want. Choose wisely. -Derwin L. Gray
  • Worry is a cycle of inefficient thoughts whirling around a center of fear.~Corrie Ten Boom~
  • The amount of power you experience to live a victorious, triumphant Christian life is directly proportional to the freedom you give the Spirit to be Lord of your life!~Anne Graham Lotz~
  • A woman's heart should be so hidden in God that a man must search God to find it.
  • God gives His gifts where He finds the vessel empty enough to receive them. ~C.S. Lewis~
  • Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you. Dr. Seuss
Powered by Blogger.

Sophie Pie

Sophie Pie

Friday, May 4, 2012

Jesus Loves Me


Don't you love it when the Lord speaks to  your heart using the most simple familiar truths we seem to have all but forgotten?  He did this for me this morning.  The enemy likes nothing more than to creep into our thinking and feelings and strangle us with anxiety and fear when we are most vulnerable.  This weekend I am going out of town with my parents to visit my grandparents.  It is rare for me to be away from my husband and my girls.  In our almost 15 years of marriage we have only been separated overnight from each other a handful of times and only once from the girls and they were in the same town.  Without even realizing it I started getting anxious about being gone.  What if something happened to me?  What if something happened to them.  Maybe it is best we just stay together?  The enemy started circling, smelling my fear.  

While taking Kaley to school this morning, I was calling on the Lord, saying our usual morning prayers and began singing just before I dropped her off.  I started singing Jesus Loves Me as she was getting out of the van.  I stopped long enough to blow kisses, tell her I love her and say, "Bye Bye Butterfly"  and then I continued singing.  Suddenly the words I was singing seem to envelop me in the sweetest warmest hug from my heavenly father.  I heard him speak into my heart.  I love you!  I love those you love!  You are weak.  They are weak.  I am strong.  Trust me.  I love you.  

This brings me to tears even now as I write.  Thank you, Lord!  I don't have to be afraid to leave my family for a few days.  It isn't my presence that keeps them safe when I am here.  I will miss them but I will also enjoy the rare opportunity to spend time with my parents by myself and to visit my grandparents.  I don't want to waste the time I have today with my family worrying about what may or may not happen tomorrow while I'm away.  I don't have to know what tomorrow holds.  I know Who holds tomorrow and I know that He loves me and He loves those I love even more than I ever could.  

No comments:

Post a Comment